Monday, June 14, 2010

It was a good run

These last few days have been beyond the norm. First, I had my bday, the world cup started, we had block 2 today, and I signed a lease for next semester!

I think block 2 went well, but we'll see after all the grades come back. I realized I got way to comfortable after doing really well on 1st block and found myself slacking on block 2....well, not slacking but just not putting in as much time as I had first block. However, I think having anatomy lab has a big part to do with that. After class from 8-1130 and then lab from 2-5 the last thing I want to do is study for a few more hours!

Oh World Cup!....it's kind of bitter sweet now for the simple fact that if I wasn't here in SXM right now I really wanted to be in South Africa for the world cup! I'm loving every minute here, but some of me really wishes I was back in Cape Town watching some soccer!

Finally....I don't have to worry about housing anymore! After a final run through with our owners we signed! The owners were extremely nice which helped alleviate some worry about signing on for a place that is double any rent I ever paid in MPLS! Arbor Estates is our new home....pool, 24 hour security, 5 min walk to school...what more could I ask for?

My bday was quite uneventful really since we had blocks today....lots of studying....a little USA/England soccer and that's about it! I'm planning on going out to dinner this weekend but we'll see what happens!

I think that's about all for now...back to classes tomorrow! It's only now that I can really appreciate the extra day we had off after block 1!

Noxolo