Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A whole new world....

Today was my first day of inpatient and let me say, it's a whole different world than outpatient. I like some aspects, others not so much...I guess it's just different. There is nothing like being back to the bottom of the totem pole....We have our attending, a Sr resident, 2 Jr residents, a 4th year Med Sub-I, another 3rd year med student and a post intern year doc acting as an observer this month. Needless to say, our team of 7 could beat just about any other IM team in a tug of war match this month!

In outpatient my days were more 8-4...see a patient, present, see with the Dr, then move to the next. With inpatient there are a lot more lectures (resident lectures, student lectures) and we all round on all our patients together...then more lectures. Either way I feel like I'm learning which is good, but it makes me feel like I know nothing still because it is never ending.

Such is life.

Noxolo