Thursday, January 14, 2010

Really..we have nothing in common

As my work at IBM comes to an end I figured I would take a look back over these past 6 weeks and try and figure out where all the time went. It really wasn't that long ago that I was dreading going back. Did I really want to work 2 jobs? No. Was it worth it? Yes. Over the past 6 weeks I have worked a total of 455 hours, averaging 75.833 hours a week between both jobs. Now that it's coming to an end I can't wait to go back to a 40 hour work week and the vacation it will seem like I am on! It took a matter of days back at IBM to get back in the swing of things even though I hadn't worked there in a year and a half! Now, it is all just a routine. Wake up, work, drive, work, drive, sleep, repeat. I enjoy the structure but it really is an overload. Doing this for the past 6 weeks makes me really envy those who do this everyday. I've enjoyed expanding my languages to a decent amount of Somali and a small amount of Swahili. It always amazes me how so many people can speak 2,3,4,5+ languages!

This week however there are only a couple of us at work. I thought it would be okay, but really it makes it feel like we shouldn't be there! Anyways, this has given me some time to get to know another person I work with quite well. I find myself to be a very open minded person who gets along with just about everyone. Yet, I think I may have found a person who falls into the very small amount of people I do not see eye to eye with. It's not that we arn't civil, or can't be friends, yet we are polar opposites on very fundamental issues. I kind of pride myself on the amount of people I know, my network, and how expansive it really is, yet I have never come across a single person whos views are so different than mine. I find it semi frustrating but only because I can not change any views. I know where I sit on a lot of things, especially things that are the foundation of who I am as a person, yet others don't....hmm

More to come later maybe.

Noxolo