Sunday, July 29, 2012

1 month done...almost

So, come Tuesday, I'll have my first month done....crazy. It's amazing to me how fast these past few weeks have gone. I knew i'd be kept busy with the clinic plus studying, however I didn't think it would all go THIS fast. Come wednesday I move back to inpatient for 2 months so that will be a nice change of pace.

All in all, outpatient has been a great experience. It's given me an interesting perspective on medicine simply based on the population base in the clinic I'm at. Family, friends, musicians, athletes, homeless, CEO, retired; the list is never ending. The ability to communicate problems with a wide array of patients is really a skill all by itself.

My one gripe with outpatient is....drugs! In school we learn all pharm by generic names...whereas now in outpatient I feel like everything is done by trade names! Plus when you throw in all the combo drugs it gets to be a headache. I think i'm finally getting a hold of it now though, of course right when I'm finishing. I've heard that inpatient is mainly generics so that'll be a little better for me.

On another note, the olympics started which is always fun. It's crazy to think that 4 years ago I was watching most of them in Sanford during CA training. A lot has happened in 4 years and it's crazy to imagine what will happen between now and 2016 in Rio.....

Yeah this post was all over the place...which sums me up right now. 2098323 things going on and even more that i'm probably forgetting! Today I worked on my CV which makes me want to kick myself for not working on it as I did things these past few years....would have saved some time.

Noxolo