Saturday, July 24, 2010

Crunch Time

Block 4 is right around the corner...(2 weeks away)..and I NEED to get in gear! I've been lacking motivation or real incentive to actually hit the books hard this past week. Well, that and being sick isn't really conducive to quality studying. I realize that doing well should be incentive enough to stay on top of my studying, but in reality, I need some pressure to maximize my studying! Plus I just don't feel the information we are covering now is overly difficult....oh well. Hopefully something will click and let me get the ball rolling....tomorrow! That being said, the past few days have been really fun. On Thursday night a bunch of students from my class went and saw Inception in Simpson Bay. First off, it WAS a great movie, however, it was way over hyped for my liking. Yes, I will see it again, and I will buy it when I get back home, however, it was kind of hangover-esque in that everyone said it was amazing so it built up my expectations too much...oh well, still a good movie. Yesterday was another day filled with fun. We first had some pledge class team building at Mullet beach followed by cliff diving! I really wish my ankle wasn't messed up so I could have felt comfortable jumping yesterday...oh well, hopefully we'll go over break! There were 3 heights people jumped from. The first was 15-20 feet, the 2nd was 40 feet, and the 3rd was around 80 feet....crazy. We then had our initiation into the Sigma Chi Mu chapter of Phi Chi followed by dinner and drinks at Khush...it was a blast. I finally made it out to Tantra for the first time last night too. I had a blast but my ears are still ringing!

All in all it's been a real fun past few days. I'm thankful for the good friends I've made here so far. The number one thing to do if you want to be successful in med school is make good friends! Everyone studies, that's a given, but you have to have a release and people to take your mind off of everything.

Now....lets study....well, starting tomorrow!

Noxolo