Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The E and T 24 hour MPLS adventure

This past weekend, well...from 12pm Saturday to 12pm Sunday E and I went up to the cities for the Nursing Formal. Who would have guessed that 24 hours could produce many great stories?

1. E, M, and I went to Annie's to grab some lunch as soon as we got up to the cities. After an hour or so of waiting for our food our waitress came out and said our meals were all comp'd! The place was packed with people when we got there and throughout the time we were there, but still...over an hour for our food? I blame it on my deluxe grilled cheese!

2. Nursing formal was a good time. It's always a little interesting when you know less than 5 of more than 100+ people but it all turned out well. We took a boat out on the Mississippi for dinner, drinks and dancing...I'm a big fan. It really reminded me of the AXO boat party last year...good times.

3. After formal we went out in dinkytown...it was awkward. Since I've moved away from the cities it's been weird going out on campus. I was so used to knowing a bunch of people no matter where we went, but now it's just not the case. It was really good to see some friends I haven't seen in a while, and really weird to see some of my old NSW leaders and some students I had for NOL a few years back. Talk about making you feel real old...

4. After a long day/night a little Mesa pizza night cap with E and MZ was in store. After a 10 minute wait 2 of my favorite Mesa slices were done. After I paid for E and I we walked out the door. 2 steps out some jerk off grabs my pizza and runs. 2 seconds later another guy goes sprinting by...I looked at E...in shock we stood with no pizza, neither of us. Of the 30+ people standing outside Mesa with pizza or waiting, why did WE get jacked!? WHO DOES THAT? So long $12 worth of pizza. After standing for a minute in shock I went back into Mesa and let them know what happened just in case it kept happening...low and behold we got another 4 slices for free, but in reality I think we both had spent enough money there over the years to warrant 4 free slices. It still blows me away that 2 college punks jacked our pizza...really? I was kind of ashamed that they probably went to my UG, but at the same time, after it happened about 10 people offered us their pizza so it all evens out I guess..?

All in all, a good 24 hours in MPLS